In our commitment to safeguarding Protected Health Information (PHI) and upholding the highest standards of cybersecurity, we want to inform you of our policy and request for handling documents related to liability claims.
🔒 We do not accept medical records or any documents containing personal information via email, even if encrypted.
📜 We request that all documents be transmitted in the following ways:
1. Hard Copies: Please provide physical documents when applicable.
2. Digital Copies: Transmit via a secure, HIPAA-compliant, encrypted file-sharing service, or on a secure physical medium (flash drive, CD).
WHY THIS MATTERS:
- 🚫 Email is Not Secure: Email transmission, even when encrypted, is reckless and poses cybersecurity risks for both the sender and recipient.
- 📁 Protect PHI: Safeguard PHI by using secure methods of transmission, in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- 💼 NY State DFS Regulation 500: Comply with cybersecurity requirements for incident response and data breach notifications.
YOUR COOPERATION COUNTS:
Your assistance in adhering to these guidelines is crucial to maintaining the security and confidentiality of sensitive information. By doing so, we collectively reduce cybersecurity risks and protect the interests of all parties involved.
For any questions or to discuss alternative methods of document transmission, please contact us at 585-454-8094.
Thank you for your cooperation in ensuring a secure and compliant claims process.
Auten Claims Management, Inc.